Canadian Apply to Dental schools

parham3

Mar 5, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
  1. Pre-Dental
    I will be applying this year to US dental schools

GPA 3.6 overall
    sciGPA 3.5, BCP 3.6

have a very strong upward trend, basically all A's except first year. Double majoring in Chem and Bio. I have also done a honors thesis. Research volunteering, general volunteering, dental volunteering, Start-up company, etc.

I got 19AA and 23PAT on my canadian DAT and will be writing my aDAT coming june expecting to get over 21+ on all sections.

Schools I will be apply to
    USC
    USCSF
    Midwestern
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Boston
    NYU
    Tufts
    Columbia
    Temple
    University of Pennsylvania

I really want to avoid dental schools not to be blunt but ****ty areas. Ant input of addition/removal would be great. I want to cut the school list to 8. Preferably move to the West coast with nice weather.

About the Ads

UWO2014

Dec 25, 2012
    Toronto, Ontario
    1. Dental Student
      http://dental.tufts.edu/admissions/dmd-program/frequently-asked-questions/#international

Q. Do you accept applicants with international residency?

A. No. For the 2012-2013 application cycle those applicants without US citizenship or permanent residency will not be considered for the DMD program.

To @Connauton, I think it is for American citizens residing in Canada who wants to apply using Canadian DAT score..?
      I didn't apply to Tufts, but I have read from premed101 and other forums that Tufts does not accept international students anymore.

BlackThought

Faustian Luminary
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 30, 2010
        Add Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Minnesota.

Also, why do you want to cut your list to 8? Your stats are right around the average, so maybe apply to a couple more than 8. As a Canadian you're fighting for a smaller number of spots right off the bat.

parham3

Mar 5, 2012
        Toronto, Ontario
        1. Pre-Dental
          Add Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Minnesota.

Also, why do you want to cut your list to 8? Your stats are right around the average, so maybe apply to a couple more than 8. As a Canadian you're fighting for a smaller number of spots right off the bat.
          But private schools shouldn't discriminate so everyone is on the same playing field

joeeeey3

5+ Year Member
          Feb 15, 2011
          1. Pre-Dental
            But private schools shouldn't discriminate so everyone is on the same playing field

not exactly entirely true
            look at the statistics of how many Canadians were accepted to each school in the past several years. (doctoothache uploaded the excel file)
            from what I can remember, even Canadian friendly schools (either private or not) only gave out 10% of their class seats to Canadians.
            Is it because non-Canadian students had higher gpa and DAT? Maybe, maybe not. but nonetheless those are the statistics.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.