Canadian applying to US dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strawberrybubblegum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

So I finally finished up my AADSAS application, and I just needed a little help narrowing down my dental school designations. My GPA is sitting around a 3.4, and I've also written the US DAT (AA 20, TS 20, PAT 18). I've got good EC's and good LOR's which I'm not too worried about. I have this huge list of schools and I can't seem to figure out which ones to crop out, and which ones to keep. Considering that my stats are pretty average, I'm trying to apply broadly.

MWU-AZ
USC
UoP
NOVA
BU
NY
UDM
MICH
MIN
Buff
CASE
TEMP
PENN
PITT
VCU
New England?

I'm really struggling to narrow this list down, so if any of you could help shed some light on my situation I would appreciate it so much :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if UPenn is a good idea to be quite frank. I don't know if you should have Minn/Pitt (i think they like DATs ~21/22+) either. The rest seem alright! NOVA already rejected me when I had almost identical stats to you before my app was even complete. They didn't even get to see my LORs or new DAT scores ;(. Ik ik shouldn't be too salty at that...

Keep Penn, Minn, and Pitt (imo) I'm Canadian too. Take out USC, and VCU.