Canadian at US Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PKU

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone have information on the process Canadian graduates from a US optometry school coming back to Canada to practice in their respective province.

This is for a friend, so all help is appreciated!

His stats: 3.5 cgpa, taking OAT this summer, 2 years work experience, 50-60 hours volunteering in a classroom, and some other volunteering.

Members don't see this ad.

In your last year of optometry school sign up for Canadian boards, pass Canadian boards, then practice in Canada. More information can be found by contacting the boards in Canada.

In your last year of optometry school sign up for Canadian boards, pass Canadian boards, then practice in Canada. More information can be found by contacting the boards in Canada.

Appreciate your reply.

Excuse me for sounding naive, but does the US curriculum prepare students well enough for Canadian board exams?

I never took the Canadian Boards, but all of my Canadian classmates seemed to do just fine. I remember hearing there more topics on geometric optics that are obscure (umbra/penumbra for example), but that stuff is not even clinical related that I can't imagine it being more than a small handful of questions.

Reactions: 1 user