Canadian board for US Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rust

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm a Canadian citizen and went to Med school in the caribbean. Currently in the process of applying for residency next year. I understand that you have to write one of the Canadian board exam in order to be sponsor by the program here in the states.

Can you please tell me what exam that would be and is there a completion deadline for next year residency.

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

You need to take the MCCEE after your 3rd year of med school. Then depending on the province, you need to take the MCCQE 1/2 if you ever want to come back to Canada.

You need to take the MCCEE after your 3rd year of med school. Then depending on the province, you need to take the MCCQE 1/2 if you ever want to come back to Canada.

Thanks

I have no intention of going back to Canada. Does anyone know the deadline that I have to take it by for next year residency application?

Thanks

I have no intention of going back to Canada. Does anyone know the deadline that I have to take it by for next year residency application?

If you're doing this for the J1 visa then you need it done before applying for the visa. It is my understanding that the visa is sought after being accepted to a residency program. I could be wrong, though.