Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD & DO Canadian citizen living in US with 3.43 GPA and MCAT (29 first time and 27 second time).

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by crayformedschool, 09.23.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. crayformedschool

crayformedschool

Pre-Medical
    I am in the process of getting my green card. Currently I have a 3.43 cGPA and took the MCAT for the first time and got a 29, then took it 3 weeks later and got a 27. I have applied to some medical schools and DO schools, but I'm not sure of my chances. What should my plan be? I've already taken the MCAT twice. Please, I need help because medicine is all I see myself doing.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    It looks like you've plateaued your MCAT performance, so further retakes would be unwise.

Being canadian with an avg score of 28 puts you in a noncompetitive position for an MD school applicant, but there are about 10 DO schools that will take Canadians. User3 posted the list yesterday or the day before.

If you get your green card, then all DO schools are fair game, except AZCOM.

About the ads