MD & DO Canadian citizen living in US with 3.43 GPA and MCAT (29 first time and 27 second time).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crayformedschool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting my green card. Currently I have a 3.43 cGPA and took the MCAT for the first time and got a 29, then took it 3 weeks later and got a 27. I have applied to some medical schools and DO schools, but I'm not sure of my chances. What should my plan be? I've already taken the MCAT twice. Please, I need help because medicine is all I see myself doing.

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like you've plateaued your MCAT performance, so further retakes would be unwise.

Being canadian with an avg score of 28 puts you in a noncompetitive position for an MD school applicant, but there are about 10 DO schools that will take Canadians. User3 posted the list yesterday or the day before.

If you get your green card, then all DO schools are fair game, except AZCOM.

I am in the process of getting my green card. Currently I have a 3.43 cGPA and took the MCAT for the first time and got a 29, then took it 3 weeks later and got a 27. I have applied to some medical schools and DO schools, but I'm not sure of my chances. What should my plan be? I've already taken the MCAT twice. Please, I need help because medicine is all I see myself doing.