Canadian Citizen needing advice on being admitted to a Canadian medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpsilonZeta

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 21 y/o Canadian citizen. When I finished high school, I was pressured by my parents to enroll into engineering, which I did. I currently only have 1 year of undergraduate engineering under my belt and am planning to transfer to a pre-medical undergraduate program. My GPA in this one year of engineering is no where near competitive med-school level and thus, I am switching to an undergrad where my marks can shoot up dramatically.

Here is my plan:

1) Carefully choose the pre-medical undergraduate program that is considered to be the easiest to achieve high marks in, and have professors that are lenient and easy going.

2) Enroll into this program once I satisfy whatever admission criteria they require. I plan on contacting the admissions offices for this information.

3) Before I even begin my studies at the institution, I will read up as much as I can on the material covered in the undergrad program, utilizing library textbooks, online open-coursewares, and previous exams used in the specific program.

4) Once I build a strong understanding of the material to be learned before enrolling, I will enroll and focus my time more specifically on test taking abilities and laboratory skills.

5) During this period, I will also spend 3 hours per day studying for the MCAT, which I will take after 4 years. (4 years * 365days/year * 4 hours/day) = 5840 hours spent studying for the MCAT (Which is more than half of Malcolm Gladwell's 10 000 hour rule of mastery, as outlined in his book "Outliers").

6) My goal is to get 100% perfect in all my courses throughout the entirety of my undergraduate studies.

7) During the summer periods, I will do volunteer work oversees to make my application look as fancy and impressive as possible.

8) I will try to work on 50 research projects

9) I will take courses and read books of medical school interview skills. I will apply the learned skills by taking mock interviews and videotaping them so I can watch myself.

10) When I take the MCAT, I will try to score a 45, by virtue of spending >5000 hours in preparation for it.

11) I will shadow doctors, do 1000 hours of clinical volunteer work, and participate in various student organizations (which I will try to become the leader of).

If I do all this and fail to get into a Canadian medical school. I will get a PhD, publish 20 research papers, start a petition to have myself admitted to medical school and amass a following of 4000-5000 undergrad pre-med students that will follow me on twitter, where we will gather together and protest outside of various medical school admissions offices, and if they don't accommodate me, we will attempt a hostile takeover of the medical school institution so we can start a "medical school" revolution and finally create more medical schools in this blasted country so that the competition is not so ludicrous.

So that's my plan.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

25301d1384637165-ford-focus-st-vs-mazdaspeed3-trollfood_zps705bbaab.jpg

Can't let the trolls starve though...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.