Canadian DAT and American DAT - Has Any1 Written Both?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

412smb412

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... if I write both the Canadian DAT and American DAT, which do American universities take (assuming the said univ accepts both canadian and american) can i opt for sending only one of them or how does this whole thing work?

Members don't see this ad.

I took both. It will depend on the school. Some look at both and some look at the most recent.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll pm you.

Hi Denticle,

I took my Canadian DAT last year and got the following scores:

BIO: 22
CHEM: 21
TS: 22
AA: 20
PAT: 23
RC: 16 :(

I'm taking the US DAT next month to improve my RC score.
For the Canadian DAT I only used the Kaplan course.
But most students on here keep mentioning DAT Achiever and Destroyer and Cliff's AP and Chad's videos as being the best study material, saying that Kaplan was not good enough.
I'm wondering what I should be using to study for the US DAT.. I stated taking the Kaplan course again.. But now I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing.
Since you've taken both tests, what is your take on this? What did you use to study?

Thanks a lot!! :)

Hi Denticle,

I took my Canadian DAT last year and got the following scores:

BIO: 22
CHEM: 21
TS: 22
AA: 20
PAT: 23
RC: 16 :(

I'm taking the US DAT next month to improve my RC score.
For the Canadian DAT I only used the Kaplan course.
But most students on here keep mentioning DAT Achiever and Destroyer and Cliff's AP and Chad's videos as being the best study material, saying that Kaplan was not good enough.
I'm wondering what I should be using to study for the US DAT.. I stated taking the Kaplan course again.. But now I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing.
Since you've taken both tests, what is your take on this? What did you use to study?

Thanks a lot!! :)

I'll PM you too.

I'll PM you too.
Hey can you PM me as well, I am taking the Canadian DAT in February and I have written the US DAT recently. I would like to know how you felt about the level of difficulty between the two. Also, if you would like to share some stats, feel free. Please if you have anything helpful to include, it would be much appreciated! Thank you!!!