Canadian DAT -- ANYONE??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UofT-Girl

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any felloww Canadians could help out:

How did you study for the canadian DAT?
Is the Kaplan book enough ?

thanks in advance for any inputs!

Members don't see this ad.

FINALLY!

Hey sup? I took it. Yeah the kaplan book is enough for chemistry and most bio questions. You might want to supplement some of the animal phyla stuff by reading a bio textbook and reading some stuff about human anatomy and physiology with an MCAT prep guide. I used Barrons and kaplan. As you know we have a harder DAT. So you might want to get more practice with PAT as well. Barrons, kaplan, top score, and there's this one on PAT that you can pick up at U of T.

Good luck!

I thought the Kaplan book was fine. Also check out the booklet the CDA has. They have good sample questions for all sections.

As for the carving, one word: PRACTICE. Buy the green soap from the CDA, not the other stuff. If you get the right schematic, the soap can be a breeze, but if you get a hard carving, the soap can be a nightmare.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woodsy said:
As you know we have a harder DAT.

Actually Woodsy, this is not true. I feel that the American DAT is more challenging......it includes an organic chem section and a math section. Also the PAT is on a computer screen which makes it harder and I believe doing reading comp on the computer is also more challenging.

Its true that the Canadian DAT has carving, but this score doesnt matter for UofT or American schools, so who cares.......Because of this, Canadian DAT is much easier.

hey guys,

After writing the Canadian DAT.. do we get our results right away?? -- or would we have to wait for our results to come in the mail?

The canadian dat isnt computerized. So yes, you do have to wait a while to get your results back.

It takes a little while to get the scores. I wrote on Feb 21 this year and got my scores in the first week of April, so ~ 6 weeks.

avingupta said:
Actually Woodsy, this is not true. I feel that the American DAT is more challenging......it includes an organic chem section and a math section. Also the PAT is on a computer screen which makes it harder and I believe doing reading comp on the computer is also more challenging.

Its true that the Canadian DAT has carving, but this score doesnt matter for UofT or American schools, so who cares.......Because of this, Canadian DAT is much easier.

My friend took both. He said that the American one was way easier. I actually had a practice DAT on me that I took for the American version. I think it's easier as well. The science questions for bio are harder and the PAT shapes are harder for the Canadian one. NOt to mention that people tend to do better on the Canadian one so it skews the curve. It is harder to get a better mark.

Clarification when I said do better meaning they get more answers correctly, however, it does not translate to a better score.