1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CANADIAN DAT PREP

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DeeDee, Aug 9, 2001.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone know of any good prep books for the Canadian DAT? I know there is a course offered, but I heard it's a waste of time. Maybe someone can correct me on that. Anyone have any other suggestions? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

I dont know too much about the prep courses, but I had trouble finding good books to study for the DAT, actually I used the Princton Review MCAT books on Biology and Chemistry. I supplemented the Biology book with a few sections from Barrons DAT book, for some of the extra sections for the DAT.
    Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lucus

Lucus Member
    10+ Year Member

Well, I wrote the November Dat last year and did very well. I took the summer Kaplan course and if you do all the practice tests and read and understand the notes, you will ace the DAT.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

4. ubcdmd2005

ubcdmd2005 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I also took the Kaplan course last November and also did really well on the DAT and am now in dental school. However, the only value Kaplan gives is the practice tests and the large book of review notes which covers everything you need to know. The classes are useless except for the soap carving ones. Heck I hadn't done a lick of science in 3 years and I scored above 21 on all sections. The real Dat is easier than the practice tests and the right answers are much more clear especially on the PAT section.

5. Dental Caries

Dental Caries Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you would like to purchase my Kaplan review notes book I would be glad to sell it for $25. It really helps and does cover the things you need on the test.

6. kk

kk Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I would be interested in buying your books+notes! Do you happen to live in Toronto? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!