Canadian DAT VS US DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized that there are a few threads on CND DAT but they are very old so I thought I will start a new thread here. I will be taking the Nov Canadian DAT & I have been using DAT Destroyer, Topscore, Kaplan Practice exams to study for it. For those of you who have already taken the Canadian DAT, are the questions very similar to the questions found in the study materials I just mentioned. Aside from Canadian Topscore, I could not find study exams that specially target the Canadian DAT instead of US DAT.

Any responses will be appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there are any specific differences in the types of questions that are asked in the canadian that are different from the one we take. i know that the canadian has soap carving section and it does not have an organic chemistry or math section. And also, the Canadian DAT is written. Take a look at: http://books.google.com/books?id=w0...DCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8The exceprt from the book is outdated but maybe those that have taken a recent canadian dat can further elaborate and address your queztion.

Just out of curiosity, how is soap carving supposed to be a substitute for organic chemistry?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a graduate from a canadian university, but now I live in the States. I want to apply to both Canadian and US Dental schools and I am planning to write my DAT in the States. Does any of you know if I can use my U.S. DAT scores to apply for canadian dental school? Thank u!