Canadian Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist3332

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the Canadian dental schools accept the American DAT for applicant applying from the United States? In addition, do Canadian dental schools calculate their GPA differently than the one used for AADSAS?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yes, MOST/almost all accept CDAT except you should double check for any specific schools you want to go to. for the more southern states, some of them don't. I believe GPA is calculated a TINY bit differently but its not going to like do anything significant (mainly it won't increase much at all)

Actually, from all that i have read and looked at, the GPA conversion DOES make a big difference going from Canadian to US GPA, so going the other way will as well, and will definitely decrease your GPA. By how much depends on your marks obviously

Do you know if the Canadian dental schools accept the American DAT for applicant applying from the United States? In addition, do Canadian dental schools calculate their GPA differently than the one used for AADSAS?

thanks

if you are canadian, you must write the canadian DAT. I think some (for sure Dalhousie) will accept american dat from american applicants. but keep in mind there are very few spots for internationals in the canadian system, no private universities. Each school calculates their GPA's differently, i know some are best two years, some are best 3 years some are cumulative. there are also a lot of rules on taking a full course load (5/semester) many schools are very strict about.