Canadian dental students please help in desperate situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KickedOutSuicid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i just received an email from my canadian dental school that I did not successfully pass my supplemental exam (it was a practical) and that i have to withdraw from the program but I have chance to appeal. I have passed all my other courses with an average of around 70%. I am in shock and on the verge of suicide. Please please please! does anyone know who's been kicked out but the appeal and was successful. I am not a lazy student for this course I would spend at least 32+ hours a week practicing for the practicals sometimes staying to late hours of the night i went to the prof so much for help and advice. i'm not the only kicked out someone else is being asked to withdraw for the same reasons. It just doesnt add up i mean the last 10 years no one has been kicked out and people who fail supplementals still got a second chance. Anyone have any advice please please my life is falling apart and i am not trying to get attention but on the verge of ending my life if they do not accept my appeal. I will be embarassment to myself family and friends and i will be in debt. Please i am desperate

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, i just received an email from my canadian dental school that I did not successfully pass my supplemental exam (it was a practical) and that i have to withdraw from the program but I have chance to appeal. I have passed all my other courses with an average of around 70%. I am in shock and on the verge of suicide. Please please please! does anyone know who's been kicked out but the appeal and was successful. I am not a lazy student for this course I would spend at least 32+ hours a week practicing for the practicals sometimes staying to late hours of the night i went to the prof so much for help and advice. i'm not the only kicked out someone else is being asked to withdraw for the same reasons. It just doesnt add up i mean the last 10 years no one has been kicked out and people who fail supplementals still got a second chance. Anyone have any advice please please my life is falling apart and i am not trying to get attention but on the verge of ending my life if they do not accept my appeal. I will be embarassment to myself family and friends and i will be in debt. Please i am desperate

thank you
I would specify the school but right now I am so embarassed plus since i haven't appealed i just dont want too much info about it out in the open. My life is over i feel as though I have nothing to live for. This is my calling I dont know why this happened. How will i face all those people who said how happy they were and how happy they would be when i opened up my own clinic how will i face those people. I just want to go into a hole and die i just hope this is one huge mistake. Please can anyone help me??? anything will be appreciated

thanks

as far as I know in LLU usually people who fail in a course can do a remediation or redo the whole course the second year of the program. If they were not improving then this could lead to dismissal from the program.

Usually in practical exams there is a chance for the person who didn't show competence to have a remediation and pass.

I am not speaking from experience of course :p

Good luck buddy. I think you should go and talk to your program director and see if there is a way to work things out.