Canadian Friendly Us Dental schools 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldreams1878

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a canadian applicant and am looking for a list of us dental schools that are Canadian friendly? I heard boston isn't taking as many Canadians as in the past.... more schools are becoming less Canadian friendly. If you got into a US school and are from Canada please comment and let me know stats. Greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I stole this list from a WAMC thread for a Canadian predent, who said they did their homework:

University of Minnesota
University of Detroit Mercy
Temple University
Boston University
NYU (last resort)
University of California, San Francisco
Case Western
Midwestern University, Arizona
University of the Pacific
University of Louisville
NOVA

But the best way to verify if these schools and others are international friendly is to search them on the adea explorer and see how many international students they took last year.

Reactions: 1 user
This is one oof those things that changes from year to year. Whether its applying top dental school or residencies, best thing to do is to email the schools individually and get an update on what their policy is. Tedious, but thats the most accurate way. Using lists you find on SDN may be a good starting point, but get in the habit of doing your research to know your self. Trust but verify.

Where did you hear that boston is not accepting many Canadians this year? They are a private school I believe so they shouldnt have a preference for citizenship