Canadian guy wants to apply for med school in the state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveGZ4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone could answer my question in regards of medical school requirement. My GPA is not that bad, around 3.75 for my last three years, and hopefully get a 3.8 something in my last year. The problem is that I dont have an English course (I know most of the med school in the state requires English). After done my honor spec degree in pharmacology, I plan to continue my master degree. During these two years, I plan to build up my background (volunteering, finish mcat and do a undergrad English course).
I am wondering if the med school in the state counts my English credit that I am going to take during my graduate study.

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

States, dude. States. The United State*s* of America. There are multiple states.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think you're out of luck with that plan. medical schools "in the state" will no longer be admitting Canadian students after the 2010 application cycle.

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone could answer my question in regards of medical school requirement. My GPA is not that bad, around 3.75 for my last three years, and hopefully get a 3.8 something in my last year. The problem is that I dont have an English course (I know most of the med school in the state requires English). After done my honor spec degree in pharmacology, I plan to continue my master degree. During these two years, I plan to build up my background (volunteering, finish mcat and do a undergrad English course).
I am wondering if the med school in the state counts my English credit that I am going to take during my graduate study.

Thank you very much.

I assume you're Quebecois?

Thank you very much.
I don't see why this would be a problem?

oh, and LoveG, you're fine with your plan. i'd recommend the English course at 4 year college/university rather than a junior/community college.