canadian in need of advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncoman88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys so here are my stats

uft graduate- sGPA 2.52 cGPA 2.61 non sci GPA 2.82
York for second undergrad- sGPA 2.65 cGPA 2.82 non sci GPA 2.90

MCAT 24Q vs 6 ps 9 bs 9

I have lots of research experience. Two research scholarships at uft one at the institute of medical sciences and one at mt sinai hospital. I also did an undergraduate thesis course and volunteered in a couple labs. I also worked at a research associate in the emergency room at sick childrens hospital in toronto. Tutored at risk high school kids for 3 years, and volunteered as a camp counsellor for kids with cancer.

I know my gpa isnt high and i need help to know what to do. I have two really bad years while at uft where i just passed two science courses (behaviour genetics and immunology) this was because of personal issues, many of which have affected me throught my undergrads (not trying to make excuses you do what you have to do). I have another year and a half at york and my courses right now are looking good so i expect to bring the cGPA up higher and ill try to take some more science courses.

but as it stands if i was to apply today to D.O schools would i even get a supplementary?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't apply. You did two degrees with below 3.0 gpa's. I'd focus on why that happened, and start retaking courses you got C+ and below in. It is December, you missed this cycle completely.

Take at least 1-2 years to retake classes and improve your gpa, d.o schools do replacement. And redo the MCAT. A 24 is not going to help at all with that gpa.

Also read the forums and the Aacomas info on d.o. Schools. Long road ahead, but there's lots of info available. Reflect carefully