Canadian Jobs in Pharmacy that aren't retail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting a thread.

With the recent news about professional allowance cuts, I'd like to know what other jobs are out there for pharmacy students after they get their B.Pharm/PharmD. Pharmacy professor/researcher .. i think are a couple options but I really don't know much about it.

Are there other threads with this kind of info already? I'm sure someone else has had this question in the past.

I'd like to know what kind of jobs there are/the training/schools that offer programs/ tuition etc. (Preferably Canadian information)

Members don't see this ad.

This questions appears a lot it's a good thing you are interested. With a pharmD you can work in a hospital, research (like you said), you can work as a big shot in a company if you focus on the business of it all, you can specialize and work in that field as many things, there's nuclear pharmacy, You can own your own pharmacy, theres a lot you can do. However with a B. pharm you had to specialize in school I believe and then you were limited to retail or hospital care. If you're concerned about the time it takes to get a PharmD, there are some 6-year programs. Hope this helps:xf:

wow 6 year program (including the 4years spent doing the B.pharm right?)

does anyone have any links to information where I can do some reading up on this?

how does one become a pharmacy professor?

are there any other options other then the two I have listed?