Mar 16, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello all,

I’m a Canadian medical student and hoping to practice in the unites states one day. I have family there, and additionally there have been multiple studies as of late discussing the incredibly poor job market in Canada for neurosurgeons. I also understand that if I do my neurosurgery residency here in Canada (if I get in) I will NOT be able to become board certified in the unites states unfortunately. So I have a couple of questions hopefully some people will have insights on this.

1) what can I do to give myself the best possible chance to get a neurosurgery residency in the US? I haven’t seen a lot of data on anyone doing it but how do US residencies view Canadians?

2) I know that neurosurgeons can practice in the states without being board certified but what is the cost of that? What are the main limitations/drawbacks on not being board certified and practicing in the states?

thanks guys

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.