Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

canadian med schools, anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chopsuey, Jun 16, 2002.

1. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

Is anyone applying to a Canadian med school or have you already applied to one??? I'm looking for some advice! thanks...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Are you American? If you are I can only suggest you apply to two: McGill and Memorial in NewFoundland. If you have a high GPA and awesome MCAT look into Toronto and Ottawa but otherwise I'd save my money.

3. chopsuey

7+ Year Member

I am American...and I'm actually really interested in McGill. I've looked on their website and have also found a decent Canadian forum for students applying to McGill, but it's geared towards Canadians, so I was looking for some more advice. For example, a sample personal statement. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chopsuey

7+ Year Member

no one out there knows anything? either does my pre-med advisor.... i guess i'll call mcgill again tomorrow.

5. MUN2005

MUN2005 Miner?
    7+ Year Member

Let me know if you have any questions regarding Memorial.

6. Thewonderer

Thewonderer Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by chopsuey:
    <strong>no one out there knows anything? either does my pre-med advisor.... i guess i'll call mcgill again tomorrow.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I applied to McGill a few years back as an out-of-province Canadian. However, other out-of-province applicants and I were greeted by American med students at McGill during that interview weekend because, well, they out-numbered the out-of-province Canadian students by far! So the Americans became our hosts for the weekend. They were very, very happy at McGill and had had a wonderful time at Montreal. I posted about these before. Other than these, I don't know if you have other specific questions about the school. Application-wise it should be the same as other schools: the higher your GPA/MCAT are, the better; spend some quality time on writing your personal statement, etc. etc. Then once you get an interview, try to check the school out thoroughly!

You are welcome to PM me with more questions.