canadian NDEB 2011 clinical skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in toto there are 12 works to be done in the skills exam
people who gave the exam last yera n those who r goin to give it this year, lets start discussing each of thm one by one and if anyone has any knowledge of how to prepare for the judgement exam???
thanx in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi every body,

I have the following items for the clinical skill exam and schools clinical exam. If interested please email me at [email protected] . I live in Vancouver.

1) Delivery unit for handpieces with air/water syringe
2) Frasaco typodent and teeth
5) air compressor
9) Bench mount- clamps

Last edited:
Hi. Any one has got idea where I can get mini unit & compressor for turbine to practice at home. New or second hand will be OK. I live in Toronto Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:
Hi,
I have the last year practical skill experience with 3A+, 5A (almost all preperation) and 2 fail( rubber dam & external out line of endo accesscavity):confused:. I can say that, time was O.K.(almost every day I finished 2 hours before the allocated time). I think stress management and a bit luck is the key to success. Any way I wish good luck for everyone and since I am starting school this year I am selling all my dental equipments and materials that may you need for clinical exam. I live in Vancouver & you can contact me at [email protected] .

T hat was very close . I am planning to give it any course available ? I live in calgary. Any advise is appreciated. keep in touch

Hello everyone, i do have 2 high speed handpieces for sale, Star dental push button and Midwest, bouth are in good condition with little use, if anyone interested in please email me so we can discuss
I do not need them anymore,
[email protected]

Dear All,

the UBC Faculty of Dentistry is starting a "Clinical Skills Enrichment Course for Foreign Trained Dentist" who are taking the NDEB - Equivalency Process - Assessment of Clinical Skills Examination on June 9 & 10, 2012.

Participants in this seven-day course starting May 10th - 17th are provided with manikins and typodonts to practice their clinical skills in a setting similar to the NDEB Clinical Skills component of the NDEB Equivalency Process.

If you are interested or would like more information please msg me or email me at [email protected].

tigger1986

Has anybody had any problems with fabricating provisional crowns?
The problem I have faced is that the pre-prepared tooth I am using has margins slightly subgingival so it is extremely difficult to get proper extension of the margins of the crown, as the rubber gingiva in the typodont gets in the way. In reality we would probably use retraction cord to help with this issue, would this work with rubber gingiva? I dont have retraction cord, and don't really want to buy it if its not going to work. Has anyone tried? Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help

CONTENT AND FORMAT

The Assessment of Clinical Judgement consists of three (3) books given in a single day. There will be a one (1) hour break between each book.
Books 1A and 1B
Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Clinical Decision Making
This extended match multiple choice assessment will evaluate the participant’s ability to formulate a diagnosis and to make clinical decisions. Patient histories, and dental charts will be provided for patients of all ages, including those with special needs.
Book 2
Radiographic Interpretation
Using photographic prints of dental radiographs, this extended match multiple choice assessment will evaluate the participant’s knowledge in oral radiology and ability to make a radiographic interpretation and diagnosis.

do you know how many item would there be for each book? thanks!!

Hello everyone!

I hope those who wrote the fundamental knowledge exam this year found it ok... I am getting ready to do the clinical judgement (missed it by 1%!!) and clinical skills exams again. The thought of it makes me ill.

I am going to do a training course in toronto; so hopefully that will help! I was wondering what you guys are using to study for clinical judgement? Is there an online course we can register for?

I really, really hate these exams :)

hi there!! :) how was the clinical judgement? how many items were there per book? is the sample question the ndeb released the same? how are you planning to prepare? sorry for the many questions.. i really dont know how to prepare for the clinical judgement.. thanks in advance :) btw, a new thread was opened.. you might wanna check it out :)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=12400165#post12400165

Status
Not open for further replies.