Canadian OT Applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSwan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here applying to Canadian Schools for 2010?

Members don't see this ad.

I am! Only in Ontario though

I applied in Ontario and UBC, UofA, and McGill. Have you heard anything yet? UBC already did interviews in March (I'm waitlisted) and it's hard waiting a few more months to hear anything else!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invitation from McMaster yesterday.

Me too! Mine is the first one Saturday morning. Nervous about the format.

Mine's on Friday. Do you know anything about the types of questions they'll ask? Like will they be scenario ones or "Why do you want to go to McMaster" stuff?
The format is totally weird. I'll probably walk into a room and forget what the question was!

Not sure completely on the format, from what I've found online, it seems we will get one or two "why here/OT" questions, and then a bunch of situations to act out or something. I'm not sure I like the idea of being evaluated on how well I interact with a paid Actor in an interview!

Just got an offer to interview at McGill in May! Nervous about this weekend for McMaster...

Congrats! Can't wait for the interviews to be over!

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about wait lists at Ontario OT schools? I got into Western, but was wait listed at University of Toronto- my first choice. Any insight would be appreciated.
;)

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about wait lists at Ontario OT schools? I got into Western, but was wait listed at University of Toronto- my first choice. Any insight would be appreciated.
;)

Not sure, I was also accepted to Western, McMaster, and UofT. I probably won't be going to UofT, so that will be one spot open :) Out of Ontario schools, I'm leaning towards Western, but I'm still not sure completely.

Still waiting to hear from McGill and UofA

Can I ask you why you would choose Western over U of T? I'm finding it really difficult to find a substantial amount of information on Western's program. The website doesn't seem to reveal too much.

Cheers.:)

Can I ask you why you would choose Western over U of T? I'm finding it really difficult to find a substantial amount of information on Western's program. The website doesn't seem to reveal too much.

Cheers.:)

To start, I simply can't afford the cost of living in Toronto. Aside from that, I have heard many great things about the Western OT program, and it seems to have a really good reputation with other OTs. I live in North Carolina at the moment, and even OT's down here have heard positive things.

Other than that, both programs seem a bit vague, not holding interviews cuts down greatly on exposure for students that otherwise would not have the opportunity to see campus or the city.

My first choice is McGill, and they have yet to announce. If I don't get in there, then I will have to make a decision...

Well, to summarize, I've been accepted to the OT programs at:
UofA
UofT
McMaster
Western
McGill

Waitlisted UBC

I think I will be accepting to McGill, so that will open up some seats for everyone else!

Good Luck!

Congrats! I'm going to be accepting UofT's offer today!

Well, to summarize, I've been accepted to the OT programs at:
UofA
UofT
McMaster
Western
McGill

Waitlisted UBC

I think I will be accepting to McGill, so that will open up some seats for everyone else!

Good Luck!

Hi all! would those of you who got accepted mind posting your stats? (GPA, work & volunteer experience, references, etc) I've recently decided to apply to OT (was a psych student) so I'm kind of nervous about my grades/experience being good enough to get in! I would reallly appreciate it, especially since there is so little info on here regarding Canadian OT apps! Thank you in advance :)

I don't quite remember now but here's what I think...

Last 2 yrs was possibility an 87%
4 yrs was maybe 85%
+ undergrad thesis, clinical work and RAship

- but there are definitely ppl in the program with 'lower' stats

Good Luck!