SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Canadian pharmacist wanting to practice in the States

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by mmcaule, May 27, 2008.

  1. mmcaule

    mmcaule 2+ Year Member

    Jan 4, 2008
    Sarnia, Ontario
    In Canada, a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy is all that is required to practice as a Pharmacist. If I were to get that degree in Canada, would I be able to write the licensing exams in the States (e.g. in Florida)? Or will I have to get a Pharm.D?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bananaface

    bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

    Apr 24, 2004
    gone to seed
    You typically if not always need to have another year of education, for a total of 5 years of study.

    I'm going to move this thread to the licensure subforum. There are a few similar threads there that you could browse for more information.

Share This Page