[Canadian] Pitt (OOS) vs. Buffalo (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jshi1076

Reaction score
I am Canadian and these two schools were on the top of my list. Buffalo has the location (being so close to Canada), brand new pre-clinic, gross anatomy lab and a stronger clinical aspect. Pittsburgh has an amazing city and campus that I enjoyed, cheaper tuition and cheaper overall cost (by approximately 30,000 USD throughout 4 years), and a competency based curriculum. I'm having trouble deciding between the two. Anyone can weigh in their thought, and yes I have heard of the thought of go to the cheaper one, but any other aspect would be really helpful. If you were in my shoes, or just you in general, which one would you prefer to go and why. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you care more about being closer to home I'd pick Buffalo. If you care more about money/debt go Pitt. Clinical stuff doesn't matter. You'll learn more in the real world than in any dental school and doing a handful more procedures won't really make that big of a difference. Just my 2 cents.

Buffalo! The facility is brand new and unmatched. I personally don't think the 30k is a deal breaker in this case. Not that much in the grand scheme of things. I also wasn't very convinced when I went to Pitt. The students there didn't seem as happy as other schools I interviewed at. But definitely go where you think you can see yourself. You'll be spending 4 more years there!