Canadian radiology residency --> practicing in the United States (southwest)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nauru

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a diagnostic radiology residency Canada. I'm trying to map out what I need to do move to the southwest United States to practice when I finish training. I understand LMCC is accepted as equivalent to Step 1-3 in most states. And from reading here it seems having a strong network in the region where you want to practice can be quite helpful. What else I can I do to smooth this process? I'm a Canadian citizen but ultimately would like to get a green card, and become a citizen. I've never worked with an immigration lawyer, and am not sure where to start. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

USMLEs in residency. Do an American fellowship where you want to work or if not that then shoot for as prestigious as possible, ideally a combination of both.

Most Canadian programs have had a grad or young staff complete an American fellowship in the past 5-6 years, so your PD should be aware of the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user