SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Canadian School

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by boostz, Jun 8, 2002.

1. boostz

boostz Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Does any one know which schools accept the ADA DAT? Dalhousie and saskatchewan are listed on the AADSAS application, Does that mean we can apply without taking the CDAT. Toronto, McGill and western are not listed, and yet, from the REA manual, it's not clear whether or not they will accept it.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. eleannaDDS

eleannaDDS Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    I believe that all Canadian schools require the Canadian version of the DAT. On the other hand, most schools in the United States accept both the Canadian DAT (they don't consider your carving score) and the American DAT.

If you're currently in a bind about which version to study for, I suggest the Canadian one. But this only applies if you're a Canadian resident to begin with. I may be mistaken, but I believe that you're required to take the American version if you are are U.S. resident.

To be sure about specific requirements, I would recommend that you email the admissions offices at the Canadian schools that you're interested in.

4. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2001
    Sault Ste. Marie
    I know that U of T accepts the american dat, for sure.