Canadian School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boostz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one know which schools accept the ADA DAT? Dalhousie and saskatchewan are listed on the AADSAS application, Does that mean we can apply without taking the CDAT. Toronto, McGill and western are not listed, and yet, from the REA manual, it's not clear whether or not they will accept it.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that all Canadian schools require the Canadian version of the DAT. On the other hand, most schools in the United States accept both the Canadian DAT (they don't consider your carving score) and the American DAT.

If you're currently in a bind about which version to study for, I suggest the Canadian one. But this only applies if you're a Canadian resident to begin with. I may be mistaken, but I believe that you're required to take the American version if you are are U.S. resident.

To be sure about specific requirements, I would recommend that you email the admissions offices at the Canadian schools that you're interested in.

I know that U of T accepts the american dat, for sure.