Canadian schools for undergrad for an american

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljube_02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
Is it hard to get into U Toronto or Mcgill after american h.s.?
Is it harder to get into U toronto than into NYU for me?
i.e. i have 1450 sat (which is higher than nyu average) but a low gpa, so i think nyu will forgive me, especially since my sister is alumnai. But will canadians overlook my gpa?

Which is more reputable: If one gets a 3.8 from U of T or Mcgill, and another gets the same gpa from NYU, which student will an american med school prefer?

If i go to Mcgill for undergrad, is there a way to become a permanent resident in Canada, besides marrying a canadian?

OH, and while im now applying for undergrad, in u of t, they ask what major im applying for. So will it be easier to get in if i put Math, Physics or Bio?
right now im thinking about physics.

Members don't see this ad.

ljube_02,

I went to UofT for undergrad and at UofT, students do not choose their major until the beginning of sophomore year. When you apply for first year, you simply need to decide which "stream" you want to enter, for example, life sciences, commerce, humanities, social sciences, etc.

Thanks.
And if you choose math or other lame major, does it mean in sophomore year you can switch to biology?

And I'd still like the other questions answered:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Switching between majors is fairly easy. Keep in mind that if you do switch, you need to go back and take the necessary pre-requisites for the new major.

From the marks you revealed in another thread, you should have no trouble getting into UofT. They mainly look at senior year marks and I have friends from H.S. who got in with 78%.

Your other questions are just impossible to answer. Just apply everywhere and worry when you have acceptances.