canadian/some US dental boards=Cubas/N Koreas of DDS licensure

cadds

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Dentist
I am starting a face book page soon regarding the issue, see my other posts

I am just trying to raise awareness regarding the discrimination against foreign QUALIFIED professionals face when moving to US and Canada , even though they are US ?Canadian citizens or permanent residents and theoretically have the right to unbiased laws and lack of discrimination

Any suggestions regarding the face book user name will be appreciated

Canadian and some of the US dental boards are becoming more isolated in a global economy due to draconian licensing rules

MRSA

____
Jan 10, 2010
Status
US/Canadian dental schools are entitled to enact whatever regulations they see fit for medical/dental training.

This is not draconian, nor is it discrimination. It is simply sovereignty.

If it is such a huge injustice heaped upon FTD's, practice elsewhere.

cadds

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Dentist
US/Canadian dental schools are entitled to enact whatever regulations they see fit for medical/dental training.

This is not draconian, nor is it discrimination. It is simply sovereignty.

If it is such a huge injustice heaped upon FTD's, practice elsewhere.
I hold California unrestricted DDS license , so I 'll stick with staying in the US for a while and with being a pain in the ass for some dental boards , from now on , since I am really ticked off over this

Ostracized

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
Status
Dentist
FTDs have the exact same rights as locally trained dentists. They have the right to practice following the completion of an accredited program. I don't see any unfairness in the situation.

Ninja9

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2008
Tampa
Status
Pre-Dental
canadian/some US dental boards=Cubas/N Koreas of DDS licensure
Seriously, stop.

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student

Seriously, stop.
yes, please.

it's getting annoying.

cry me a river

at least foreign trained dentist are allowed to practice by going to a 2 yr program.

Rules are rules. if you don't want to follow them, that's too bad.

US/Canada doesn't need any more dentists in the cities which is where most foreign dentists would set up.
thus there's no reason to open the flood gates

be grateful that you're even allowed to practice in a beautiful state like california without having to do extra studying like
other foreign dentits

Last edited:

omaralt

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2004
Status
Dentist
you sir need to get a life. stop spamming everywhere with your garbage. you are lucky that you were even granted licensure in CA, however, look at the dental situation in california. they opened up their doors to a lot of people, like your self, and look where it got them?? it has to be one of the absolute worse states to practice in because of the huge amount of dentists. i will fight tooth and nail to make sure what your talking about never gets done. you need to consider yourself lucky that you can even work in the states without having gone to dental school here, and if you wish to practice elsewhere in the US, stop crying and go back to dental school.