Canadian student applying to American Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmsbrf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a new user of this forum. I read many threads concerning admission chances of canadian students applying to american dental schools. There are lots of information out there and that has gotten me very confused. At this point, I'm not sure if I should even apply to american dental schools with my current stats. From all the threads I read, everyone who got accpeted had a much better stats profile than mine
frown.gif
. Yet, many people keep telling me every applicant is different and i shouldn't read other people's threads and that I should give american schools a chance and at least apply.

I decided to post a thread with my current stats and profile in the hopes that canadians who have been admitted to american dental schools or know someone who have been can provide me with their stats/profile and a feedbak about my chances.

Here is my profile:

cGPA = 3.65
I am currently in fourth year enrolled in Biomedical Science program. I doubt my GPA would improve after this year. So lets just say by the summer time I will be applying with this GPA.

American DAT (have not written canadian DAT yet):

Biology=26
general Chemistry=24
organic chemistry=24
quantative reasoning= 21
Reading comprehension=21
PAT= 24
TS=25
AA= 23

I have about 100 hrs of dentist shadowing, about 100 hrs of hospital volunteering, and about 100 hrs of senior home volunteering.

I work during the school year ( about 25hrs/week) and during the summer.

Please reply anything, positive or negative.

Thank you everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Impressive scores!! I think you should apply to american schools too..good luck

I'm a Canadian applicant with a lower GPA and DAT scores than you. I currently have 3 interviews (2 completed, 1 upcoming).

Get your application in ASAP and I think you'll be fine. Your scores are super impressive :)

Wish you the best!