Canadian students and funding for Irish medical schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadian Girl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)

I was reading the thread on how American students were funding their tuition for Irish medschools and since this is something thats been very much on my mind lately, I thought i'd open one up for Canadians and see what you are doing/planning on doing - for those of you who are already studying in Ireland, any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Myself, I've talked to a few banks, i'll be applying for canadian student loans, i'm shying away from anything requiring a cosignor just because I don't want there to be even the slightest chance of me putting a financial burden on my parents, i'm really unsure right now, I know there is lots of time but its always good to get things going early, so anyways, what are the rest of you planning/thinking of doing ?

Members don't see this ad.

Canadian Girl said:
Hi all :)

I was reading the thread on how American students were funding their tuition for Irish medschools and since this is something thats been very much on my mind lately, I thought i'd open one up for Canadians and see what you are doing/planning on doing - for those of you who are already studying in Ireland, any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Myself, I've talked to a few banks, i'll be applying for canadian student loans, i'm shying away from anything requiring a cosignor just because I don't want there to be even the slightest chance of me putting a financial burden on my parents, i'm really unsure right now, I know there is lots of time but its always good to get things going early, so anyways, what are the rest of you planning/thinking of doing ?

You can go thru RBC. I am also from Canada.
If you need more help, add my msn. [email protected]

Cheers,
Reza

Rico said:
You can go thru RBC. I am also from Canada.
If you need more help, add my msn. [email protected]

Cheers,
Reza

i am going through TERI w/ bank of america. I am also canadian from toronto. I just went with the offer from atlantic bridge.

stephen