Canadian Students..financing education and job prospects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mazaag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any canadian students who used/are using bank loans to finance their education in the US? Also how easy is it for Canadian students to work in the US after they graduate? Please share your stories!

Members don't see this ad.

EASY - if you are a citizen you have no problem - I know a couple of peeps who have gone this route - nobody has reported any problems

You mean american citizen or canadian citizen?

Any canadian students who used/are using bank loans to finance their education in the US? Also how easy is it for Canadian students to work in the US after they graduate? Please share your stories!

Yes to question 1 - needed to use my mom as a cosigner. Shop around at your banks. The relationship you (or your parents) have with your bank may also be important.

Quetion 2: I'm not sure, but I figure as a professional it can't be too hard. Canadian ad Bermudan citizens go through relatively less paperwork when applying for Visiting Student Status, so we are looked at better than other internationals. We don't even need to apply for a VISA. Note: you can also go back to Canada and practice...