Canadian Thinking About Applying to the States

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smjohn_uwo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to two schools of pharmacy in Canada...University of Toronto and British Columbia...(BC is the only Canadian school which requires the PCAT...Someone confirm that for me but I think it's just BC) I was thinking of enhancing my chances by applying to some schools in the states...I wrote my PCAT in Jan....Wayne State and U of Buffalo are the only two I know a little about, but have ruled em out cuz of missed deadlines...I realized what with rolling admissions and most deadlines being around Feb 1st of apps my options are limited...You guys know of any American schools still taking apps...Right now I'm just going through the PCAT book, and going to individual school websites to check for deadlines....seems a little hit and miss...There a website that ranks American pharm schools? I wish pharm application was more simplified like dents...I think they're changing the process for 2003/04....It's borderline harrassment asking referrees to fill out 5 diff letters of recommendation for 5 diff schools...I wish I found out about this site a long time ago, seems to have a lot of good tips....

Regards,

SMJOHN

Members don't see this ad.

On the AACP web site (aacp.org) you can get a list of all schools with their application deadline date.

There are still a few schools out there that still have applications open. You probably want to check out private schools. They don't have any in-state resident requirements.

Originally posted by smjohn_uwo
I've applied to two schools of pharmacy in Canada...University of Toronto and British Columbia...(BC is the only Canadian school which requires the PCAT...Someone confirm that for me but I think it's just BC) I was thinking of enhancing my chances by applying to some schools in the states...I wrote my PCAT in Jan....

Hi SMJOHN,

I just noticed your post and thought that that you sound like someone I talked to, after the PCAT last January---- A bunch of us were complaining about the test time limits on the math/chem sections and comparing schools in the USA. Did you write your PCAT at Seneca College in Toronto?
The only school which I know of with "rolling admissions" is in Boston----"Massachusetts College of Pharmacy". I think that you can try applying there, just to keep your options open. It's bloody expensive though.
Good luck w/ U of T and UBC.