Oct 5, 2020
Hi everybody! I’m a Canadian student who is thinking about attending an accredited dental school in Australia. I understand that under the mutual agreement I will be able to come back and practice after completing my board exams but I just had a few questions.

- Does anybody know if the Canadian boards are hard to complete as an Australian graduate?
-Will graduating from an Australian program influence my chances of matching into a residency?

I appreciate your time thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 2, 2020
Hi everybody! I’m a Canadian student who is thinking about attending an accredited dental school in Australia. I understand that under the mutual agreement I will be able to come back and practice after completing my board exams but I just had a few questions.

- Does anybody know if the Canadian boards are hard to complete as an Australian graduate?
-Will graduating from an Australian program influence my chances of matching into a residency?

I appreciate your time thank you.
I am also really curious about the residency component as well, because I would assume you are limited to residencies in Canada only since you won't be accredited in the United States. I have noticed that practices in Canada are more keen to hire to Canadian or American graduates but then again I don't know anyone personally who has graduated from these programs

Oct 5, 2020
I saw on western's website that for programs like OMFS it says you need to graduate from a program in North America while programs such as orthodontics only need you to graduate from an accredited program within Canada, America, Ireland or Australia. So I guess it depends on which residency.
I am also really curious about the residency component as well, because I would assume you are limited to residencies in Canada only since you won't be accredited in the United States. I have noticed that practices in Canada are more keen to hire to Canadian or American graduates but then again I don't know anyone personally who has graduated from these programs

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads