Canadian to US: Pharmcas and Pharmacy school questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by randomname, Jun 19, 2008.

1. randomname

I'm planning on applying to US schools, but have a few questions.

1) What schools would you guys (SDN) recommend canadians go to? I'm looking for a state school with low tuition and somewhere that is not conservative. I would also prefer the school to be not one of those new pharmacy schools.

2) I've got most of the science pre-reqs done, but I still need to do some such as public speaking and economy, etc... I plan to finish those courses this coming school year. Can I still be a candidate for pharmacy school for September of next year?

3) Because I'm not done all the pre-reqs, can I still apply to pharmcas for admission next year?

4) Would I be correct to assume that I have to check with individual schools whether my courses taken in canada will be transferable?

Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CD5

CD5

Pharmacy Student
    All of a sudden theres such a great demand of questions for canadian to us...Quaf to those who said I shouldn't have written a guide...
    I'll address your questions randomname in a separate thread soon and I'll link you back to it.

4. ffpickle

ffpickle Thread Killer

randomname: focus on private schools. public (state) schools tend to favor in-state applicants since the school receives state funding. don't worry about the place being too conservative; most college campuses are fairly liberal.

cd5- there is a guide? where?

5. drugdoc

drugdoc Member

Pharmacy Student
    Not every state school gives preference to in-state people!

6. ffpickle

ffpickle Thread Killer

"public (state) schools tend to favor in-state applicants"

i know...most do.