Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Canadian to US: Pharmcas and Pharmacy school questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by randomname, Jun 19, 2008.

1. randomname

2+ Year Member

I'm planning on applying to US schools, but have a few questions.

1) What schools would you guys (SDN) recommend canadians go to? I'm looking for a state school with low tuition and somewhere that is not conservative. I would also prefer the school to be not one of those new pharmacy schools.

2) I've got most of the science pre-reqs done, but I still need to do some such as public speaking and economy, etc... I plan to finish those courses this coming school year. Can I still be a candidate for pharmacy school for September of next year?

3) Because I'm not done all the pre-reqs, can I still apply to pharmcas for admission next year?

4) Would I be correct to assume that I have to check with individual schools whether my courses taken in canada will be transferable?

Thanks.

2. CD5

CD5
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    All of a sudden theres such a great demand of questions for canadian to us...Quaf to those who said I shouldn't have written a guide...
    I'll address your questions randomname in a separate thread soon and I'll link you back to it.

3. ffpickle

ffpickle Thread Killer
    2+ Year Member

randomname: focus on private schools. public (state) schools tend to favor in-state applicants since the school receives state funding. don't worry about the place being too conservative; most college campuses are fairly liberal.

cd5- there is a guide? where?

4. drugdoc

drugdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Not every state school gives preference to in-state people!

5. ffpickle

ffpickle Thread Killer
    2+ Year Member

"public (state) schools tend to favor in-state applicants"

i know...most do.