Canadian Undergraduate looking for some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a38siddi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am an undergraduate with a BSc in Biomedical Science from a Canadian university and wanted some advice about what I should do. So I did not get into any of the medical schools here in Ontario (Not too surprised) but now I don't really know what to do and coul use some help.

I have a 3.6 overall GPA with a 3.4 science GPA and a 3.9 non-science GPA. I also have a 30 on the MCAT.

Now I have been looking to take the next year off to work or volunteer and reapply to places in the US and was looking to apply to DO schools, Podiatry schools and Dental schools (Not sure about this one because I still haven't written the DAT and have mainly shadowed doctors). I was just wondering what are my chances while being a foreign applicant? I am consistently being told that my grades and MCAT score are too good to be going to the Caribbean but if I can't get into Canadian schools because my grades aren't good enough or can't get into American schools because of being a foreign applicant what choice do I have? I am also looking to apply to grad schools if none of the above work out but I was just wondering if I have a good chance at the US schools or should I look to the Caribbean or a separate career path? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.