Canadians and student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student2121

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all the future and current canadian dental students studying in the US. How is everyone paying for their schooling? Which banks are best and are there any programs available for government student loans anymore? I know CanHelp no longer exists... Any input is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually called them before...and you can get canadian government student loan even if you study in the US...but not for all US school..but it cover most of the US school....however, student loan is not enough....so, you will have to go to banks for loan....and for most bank in canada...it is $200,000...i heard if you get into ur third and fourth year..and it is still not enough..u can borrow more

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually called them before...and you can get canadian government student loan even if you study in the US...but not for all US school..but it cover most of the US school....however, student loan is not enough....so, you will have to go to banks for loan....and for most bank in canada...it is $200,000...i heard if you get into ur third and fourth year..and it is still not enough..u can borrow more

Did you need an american cosigner for your canadian government student loan or is there a way around it? Also, I see your a fellow Albertan, have you talked to the provincial government about loans yet?

Did you need an american cosigner for your canadian government student loan or is there a way around it? Also, I see your a fellow Albertan, have you talked to the provincial government about loans yet?
I am not hundred percent sure, but I dont think you need an american co-signer for the government student loan. For Canadian bank loan, you need a Canadian Co-signer. I got this information from one of the bank representatitive at the UBC interview. However, I didnt look into further details than that