Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Canadians applying to American Pharmacy Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by beelee8, Aug 24, 2015.

1. beelee8

2+ Year Member

I'm from Ontario, Canada and looking into applying to pharmacy in the states. I've been doing some research on the whole process. Is anyone in the same boat?

2. pms_testosterone

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Are you planning on practicing in the US? If not, it's not financially wise to go to school there. If you have (or can get) an average over 70% and some kind of health care experience, you're a candidate for Canadian schools. (Sorry if this advice is unwanted.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. beelee8

2+ Year Member

I do hope to practice in the US after I am done. I don't see many people taking that route though.

4. pms_testosterone

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Probably a smart choice, then. I have a colleague who's blocked from practicing in the US due to having a BPharm instead of a PharmD. (I imagine a Canadian PharmD would be acceptable, though.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...