Canadians applying to American Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beelee8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Ontario, Canada and looking into applying to pharmacy in the states. I've been doing some research on the whole process. Is anyone in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you planning on practicing in the US? If not, it's not financially wise to go to school there. If you have (or can get) an average over 70% and some kind of health care experience, you're a candidate for Canadian schools. (Sorry if this advice is unwanted.)

Are you planning on practicing in the US? If not, it's not financially wise to go to school there. If you have (or can get) an average over 70% and some kind of health care experience, you're a candidate for Canadian schools. (Sorry if this advice is unwanted.)

I do hope to practice in the US after I am done. I don't see many people taking that route though.

Probably a smart choice, then. I have a colleague who's blocked from practicing in the US due to having a BPharm instead of a PharmD. (I imagine a Canadian PharmD would be acceptable, though.)