canadians applying to DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruck

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering which DO schools accept Canadians? (I tried searching the forum but had no luck)...any help would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure NYCOM does, b/c there was a girl from Toronto interviewing there, the same day I was. However, I also remember her saying she had done her undergrad at NYIT, so she had some connections to NYIT/NYCOM already.

ruck said:
I was wondering which DO schools accept Canadians? (I tried searching the forum but had no luck)...any help would be appreciated

is there a list of those schools available somwhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
ruck said:
is there a list of those schools available somwhere?

Yes go to the Canadian medical school forum... all the way at the bottom of the Forum site and there should be a thread there for that.

I posted in there some info.

I will be away today but will try to answer some of your questions later.

NYIT, told me 2 years ago they only accept US residents... so unless there has been changes, NYIT doesn't accept Canadian Applicants.

ruck said:

Last I checked these schools didn't take students without permanent residency/citizenship: OU, OSU, Touro, UMDNJ

dr.z said:
Last I checked these schools didn't take students without permanent residency/citizenship: OU, OSU, Touro, UMDNJ

NYCOM does not accept international students either. I dont know if they allow Canadian citizens. Try calling them.

I called many schools regarding their acceptance policy of international students in general. The following accept them:

AZCOM, CCOM, NSUCOM, PCOM, DMUCOM, KCOM, UNECOM

Hope that helps.

I'd check with my alma mater, WVSOM in Lewisburg, WV as well. I think if you meet the same expectations they have for US students they'd be glad to have you, eh.

newyorkcougar said:
There is a Canadian guy in my class at PCOM.

Hey NYcougar, that is great... just be his friend.. okay. And don't steal his lunch money or anything. Be supportive if him saying eHhh!! all the time and watching hockey. Its not his fault.

Congrats on finishing the year. I hope to be saying this to myself this time next summer.

BTW. I did deffer for one year to finish my graduate degree.