Canadians, how did you find DOs to shadow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itswaypastmybedtime

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how fellow Canadians found DOs to shadow? All the schools I want to apply to require a DO LOC and I am not sure how to go about finding DOs in my area (BC)??? Please help a sista out!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are interested in shadowing a DO in Canada, please contact [see email in link below]. You must attach your CV and provide an explanation of why you want to pursue a DO degree. Please note that due to the overwhelming amount of requests, we may not be able to accompany you immediately.

comsa-do

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are near the border I would just go into the states and shadow for a day. I traveled to Buffalo from Toronto and it was only a day trip. I guess if you're near Vancouver, Seattle could work.

If you are near the border I would just go into the states and shadow for a day. I traveled to Buffalo from Toronto and it was only a day trip. I guess if you're near Vancouver, Seattle could work.
I was thinking of doing this, but beyond shadowing I am also interested in getting a reference letter from a DO so not sure how many hours I would have to put into shadowing to get that.

Just ask them. They'll write you one. No minimim required if you explain that you are Canadian and cannot regularly shadow, especially a DO.
I was thinking of doing this, but beyond shadowing I am also interested in getting a reference letter from a DO so not sure how many hours I would have to put into shadowing to get that.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk