Canadians @ ICO for Class of 2015

chocol8

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2009
  1. Pre-Optometry
    I hope I can add to this thread later! I'm waiting to hear back from ICO for an interview. Congrats on your acceptances!

Anyone know how full ICO is?? I applied late, so I don't have high hopes right now.

About the Ads

weiss

Jul 2, 2010
      I hope I can add to this thread later! I'm waiting to hear back from ICO for an interview. Congrats on your acceptances!

Anyone know how full ICO is?? I applied late, so I don't have high hopes right now.

Best people to ask would be the admissions office, imo. Either send them an email or give them a call & they'll probably let you know.

chocol8

10+ Year Member
      Mar 30, 2009
      1. Pre-Optometry
        Oh no way. When I asked them they just told me they still had seats left but didn't elaborate. I applied right before the deadline, and am not sure if I'm too late at this point. They haven't reviewed my app yet, so I haven't been asked to complete a supplemental yet.

Cappuchino

ICO Class of 2015 ❤
        Jan 13, 2011
        Chicago, IL
        1. Optometry Student
          I just interviewed at ico this past Thursday. When I asked the admissions about the number of seats currently available, they only told me that there were still seats, and would not give me any numbers.

I guess I'll find out on Friday if I got accepted or not. Man... This is going to be a long week of waiting :(

Good luck everyone and dont give up!!!:thumbup:

vmars

Mar 25, 2011
          1. Pre-Optometry
            Texan-American accepted to ICO for Fall 2011! As of now, I will be attending! :)

Anyone happen to know when the 1st quarter starts? I vaguely remember them saying early September at the interview. I looked ALL over the ICO website but couldn't find anything.

Are you living in the RC?

saiwahhh

5+ Year Member
            Jan 6, 2010
            Oregon
            1. Optometry Student
              As you prepare for your arrival to ICO, just a few dates to keep in mind.

Wednesday, August 10th, 2011
              Residential Complex Move-In Day from 10:00am-5:00pm

Friday, August 12th - Sunday, August 14th, 2011
              First Year Student Orientation (mandatory)

Monday, August 15th, 2011
              First Day of Classes

Saturday, August 20th, 2011
              ICO Olympics - You won't want to miss out on this fabulous day of sports, games, food, and class rivalry.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 Time: TBA
              President's Welcome and White Coat Ceremony - You will be officially welcomed to ICO by the President of the College, Dr. Arol Augsburger; you will also receive your white clinic coats and recite the Student Optometric Oath. First, second, and third year students will also be acknowledged for various awards.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 Time: TBA
              "Parents' Orientation to ICO"- immediately before the President's Welcome and White Coat Ceremony ICO is offering a brief "Parents' Orientation to ICO" program. During this time Dr. Mark Colip, VP for Student, Alumni and College Development, and members of the Student Affairs support team will speak with parents about what to expect during your time as an ICO student.

Please note dates and times are subject to change.

*from the ICO facebook page

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.