Cancel MCAT and reapply next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coquette

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

I have a feeling that my MCAT score will not be good (i.e 30-31) since my FL test were around 17-24! I'm waiting for my score to release, which is in September. I dont know if I should:
Option 1: Wait until the score release to decide whether I should submit my application in AAMC or not. So, in case I get a bad score, I can run away and not apply this year. In case I reapply by next year, will the Medical schools know about the bad score I have this year?
Option 2: Just apply and pray?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be better to wait, especially since your FL averages were around 24. Most of the time, people score within or +/- 2 points from their practice test average.

Apply to careers in nursing, physical therapy, osteopath, etc. Your MCAT scores are highly competitive for those fields.

Apply to careers in nursing, physical therapy, osteopath, etc. Your MCAT scores are highly competitive for those fields.

Seriously? Dude, you're an ass.

OP, I agree with SN2ed. In your particular situation it will most likely be best to wait, but you should definitely have your application ready to submit as soon as you do get your scores. Even if you don't end up submitting, you'll still have it filled out for next year.

Also, if you get a score in your practice ranges medical schools will see it next year, even if you retake. So, my advice to you would be to figure out a strategy that will allow you to be more prepared for your retake and get a much improved score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks SN2ed, TheBeardedClam :love: Maybe I'll wait but in the mean time, I'll fill in the application.

Yeah that doesn't hurt. I'm not sure if you have to verify it, but when you apply next year, your app will be filled out. You still need to resend your transcripts and letters.