May 25, 2016
I canceled my exam, due to my low nbme scores :(
ECFMG told me that they wont process my registration again untill 4 weeks , and it will take 3 weeks after that for my permit to be ready
Does it really take this much time ??
or will I receive my permit sooner ?

Northerncardinal

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2016
Status
Medical Student
can u extend ur eligiblity period or would hve to apply all over again?

if u got an extension, then u'd get ur permit in a few days

but if you can't, then you have to wait for 4 weeks and then reapply and ud get the permit ~2 wks after that.

Reactions: maralbanoo

BellaPinhaMD

2+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2015
Well don't get to comfortable since you have to wait a month before booking it again. learn from your mistakes, keep the rhythm and STUDY wise and hard. Dont pay for it again until you pass at least 2 NBMES with the minimum score you wuld settle for. Best of luck!

parcus

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Well don't get to comfortable since you have to wait a month before booking it again. learn from your mistakes, keep the rhythm and STUDY wise and hard. Dont pay for it again until you pass at least 2 NBMES with the minimum score you wuld settle for. Best of luck!
I would never have studied very hard if I didn't know I had X months before my test (3 months period, no need to choose a specific date too far head). 2 NBMEs before start studying....there are other cheaper ways to gauge your knowledge at the beginning (Q bank percentages). Not saying it's a bad idea, I wouldn't choose to do that personally.

I am only going to pay for step 2 after I get my step 1 score. Look at me now, should be studying for step 2, but I'm just procrastinating on SDN.

OP
M
May 25, 2016
Thanks so much :) I will choose my 3 months eligibility wisely this time ;)