Cancelling interviews and turning down offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

futrdentist

What's the most polite way to go about it? Obviously I'm not going to every school I got into, and at this point I don't want to attend any more interviews, but I feel like I ought to go about saying no thanks to the schools in the nicest way possible because they were nice enough to extend offers and interview invites. Are you guys giving reasons when you turn down schools, or do you just do it online somewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering about this question myself.

I think a nice email shouild do it?

What's the most polite way to go about it? Obviously I'm not going to every school I got into, and at this point I don't want to attend any more interviews, but I feel like I ought to go about saying no thanks to the schools in the nicest way possible because they were nice enough to extend offers and interview invites. Are you guys giving reasons when you turn down schools, or do you just do it online somewhere?

D skool,

I would like to withdraw my application (AADSAS# 111111). Thank you for the interview offer.

Regards,

Applicant.

[...Fluff not needed.]

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple said if you aren't interested, write them and tell them why.

Dear Adcom,

Thank you for the offer and or upcoming interviews. I have carefully reviewed your offer. I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your offer or interviews.

There is really no way to lessen the dissappointment because I realize your offer represents not only your serious time and effort loss to acquire me, and go unrecognized for your brilliant professional ambitious fund raising campaign. Sorry I cannot make a deposit for your new Mercedes.

The large number of qualified competitive offers and the limited cash and time I have available for interviews has resulted me in making a very hard decisions among the many well qualified offers. I am sorry to make this decision in your case, but I hope that you will be able to make better offer, equally satisfactory plans.

I appreciate your interest in me and wish you a happy success in your endeavor.

This decision is not meant to imply that your school is inadequate or on the bottom of my list; it simply reflects the keen competition of offers made among all the other schools. I thank you for considering my application and hope you are successful in finding applicants. I offer my best wishes for your future. Smile, it's cure to better teeth!

Sincerely,

The Applicant

Yeaaaa, take that!!

Dear Adcom,

Thank you for the offer and or upcoming interviews. I have carefully reviewed your offer. I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your offer or interviews.

There is really no way to lessen the dissappointment because I realize your offer represents not only your serious time and effort loss to acquire me, and go unrecognized for your brilliant professional ambitious fund raising campaign. Sorry I cannot make a deposit for your new Mercedes.

The large number of qualified competitive offers and the limited cash and time I have available for interviews has resulted me in making a very hard decisions among the many well qualified offers. I am sorry to make this decision in your case, but I hope that you will be able to make better offer, equally satisfactory plans.

I appreciate your interest in me and wish you a happy success in your endeavor.

This decision is not meant to imply that your school is inadequate or on the bottom of my list; it simply reflects the keen competition of offers made among all the other schools. I thank you for considering my application and hope you are successful in finding applicants. I offer my best wishes for your future. Smile, it's cure to better teeth!

Sincerely,

The Applicant

This is what you say..... "Thank you so much for the opportunity but after much consideration I have decided to attend (insert school name here)"

That's sweet. Personally I want to write back all the schools that rejected me and say "your loss." I think I'll check to see if they have specialization programs first, because burning bridges is never a good thing. :laugh: