cant decide if to retake part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treattothetooth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey SDN ppl.........how u guys doin???
I need some help..Should I be retakin part 1 o not????????????????:confused:

my stats r Nbde 1: 87
GPA: 2.8
TOEFL: 273
graduated from India in Aug'05...worked as a dentist in India from Aug till current

I had applied to UPENN,UMN, BU for aug'06 prog..Advanced Standing
Got rejections from them,,,dunnno what do i do...should I retake my part 1 just for 3 %( u never kno my efforts can go waste) or hold on to this score n strengthen my resume by workin there as an Observer or seriously think of taking up Part 2 which s toooo sarrrrry :scared:
Cant really judge what must ve gone wrong in my apps..my extra-curricular was pretty strong and so did I have some International presentations and a decent SOP!!!
waitin 4 u guys to reply...
thanks ever1.
traettothetooth

Members don't see this ad.

treattothetooth said:
hey SDN ppl.........how u guys doin???
I need some help..Should I be retakin part 1 o not????????????????:confused:

my stats r Nbde 1: 87
GPA: 2.8
TOEFL: 273
graduated from India in Aug'05...worked as a dentist in India from Aug till current

I had applied to UPENN,UMN, BU for aug'06 prog..Advanced Standing
Got rejections from them,,,dunnno what do i do...should I retake my part 1 just for 3 %( u never kno my efforts can go waste) or hold on to this score n strengthen my resume by workin there as an Observer or seriously think of taking up Part 2 which s toooo sarrrrry :scared:
Cant really judge what must ve gone wrong in my apps..my extra-curricular was pretty strong and so did I have some International presentations and a decent SOP!!!
waitin 4 u guys to reply...
thanks ever1.
traettothetooth
jojo here :D
I suggest to you, to definetely retake step 1, you have to have over 90 score.
And your gpa is that ECE or WES, if it's ECE, gohead and do the WES, you probably have over a 3.60 and apply to schools which accepts WES.
Also, look for a dental assistant job and maybe volunteer in the hospital (like I did) to strenghten your application. :thumbup:
Your Toefl it's good, but if you want you can upgrade thet too.
Good luck dude :thumbup:
annnnd jojo out :laugh:

hey,
i agree with JOJO (out)!
1. if your gpa was with ece - go to wes and get it done with them and they normally tend to give higher scores.
2. if you do not feel like taking part 1 over again, i suggest that you start doing soemthing for part 2. it just shows that you are a dedicated dentist to be doing both parts.
3. you said you would not mind doing a voluntary job with any dentist in the USA. maybe you should look into that and see if you can get someone to help you through with that. there are loads of indian dentists in the USA, so finding one would not be that hard.
hope that helps.. let us know if we can assisit you in any other manner.

:)