Can'T focus, all I think of is december 1st (anyone else)

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

DDS13

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Ok, i really dont know what to do. I cant focus. i am on aadsas, predents, my e-mail and sdn 24/7. anyone else, how r we suppose to survive this. i still havent heard from my first choice, but just worried about the ones i interviewed at.

JamesOSU

Ohio State 2013
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2008
Columbus, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Take a chill pill, go to the bar, and completely avoid everything related to AADSAS, haha

Just calm down, you know nothing will happen until Dec 1st, so just have a good time and enjoy Thanksgiving

People need to just calmmmmm down

murff05

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2008
New England
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Take a chill pill, go to the bar, and completely avoid everything related to AADSAS, haha

Just calm down, you know nothing will happen until Dec 1st, so just have a good time and enjoy Thanksgiving

People need to just calmmmmm down

I wish I could go to the bar to stop thinking about it ! well im not thinking about it too much but it would be nice if i could go to the bar

About the Ads

bcdds09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Ok, i really dont know what to do. I cant focus. i am on aadsas, predents, my e-mail and sdn 24/7. anyone else, how r we suppose to survive this. i still havent heard from my first choice, but just worried about the ones i interviewed at.

I try not to worry about the places I have interviewed at..what's done is done.

In a way I'm glad that I'm still in school because it keeps my mind off of things like aadsas and sdn (even though I'm still logged on during physics lecture almost every day...:sleep:).

I also received an interview invite for one of my top choices for January..so who knows how long I'll have to wait..:confused:

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Don't check your e-mail every 5 min before Dec. 1st. By that time you may do it ;)
Good luck to all of us in December.

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Dec 1st : Pre-dent = Christmas : 3rd grader

BlueToothBrush

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
For me... I worry more about the situation regarding our economy than i do about aadsas/getting interviews/Dec 1st. Just relax. At least you've already interviewed at multiple ds... there are still others that are waiting for their first interview. And no offense to doh boy or somethinpostiv, but i would try to stay away from the "Countdown" thread. It may only increase your anxiety (that's what it does to me at least).

gogobruin

10+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I keep watching tv and doing a lot of exercise to relax, but I could not focus on studying!:scared:

darkle

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
good thing i have tons of work to do as the end of semester appoaches already.....
The problem is... I can't concentrate as Dec 1st getting closer!! +_+!!

Mamona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I keep watching tv and doing a lot of exercise to relax, but I could not focus on studying!:scared:

Same here my performance this semester is not good at all!!! I don't know what to do....

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i feel like the days go by so freaking fast, but it's odd how it's still 11/21..............10 more days to count down........:eyebrow: Does it make sense to any of you...?

GOOD LUCK TOO ALL OF US!!:luck:

Doh Boy Fresh

10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
For me... I worry more about the situation regarding our economy than i do about aadsas/getting interviews/Dec 1st. Just relax. At least you've already interviewed at multiple ds... there are still others that are waiting for their first interview. And no offense to doh boy or somethinpostiv, but i would try to stay away from the "Countdown" thread. It may only increase your anxiety (that's what it does to me at least).

To each his own?

trent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
I'm guessing that many of the schools have already made their decisions, since next week is Thanksgiving. So, we just have to wait a little bit longer for AADSAS to be updated and whatever else the schools do to let students know personally. I'm hoping for good news on Dec. 1st. Good luck to all of you.

Otherwise, it's just more waiting and hoping for a spot that some overachiever who got 5 offers will eventually give up.

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'm guessing that many of the schools have already made their decisions, since next week is Thanksgiving. So, we just have to wait a little bit longer for AADSAS to be updated and whatever else the schools do to let students know personally. I'm hoping for good news on Dec. 1st. Good luck to all of you.

Otherwise, it's just more waiting and hoping for a spot that some overachiever who got 5 offers will eventually give up.

at most of the schools i've gone to, the admissions committee sits down after all the interviews that day are done and votes as a whole, yes/no on whether they'll accept you to this school

my fear is that although the interviewers have liked me, it is always the possibility that all of the schools admissions committee's didn't....ahh!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.