Can't hear out of my right ear....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future M.D.s-

I have a quick question..earlier today i went swimming in the pool and after getting out i noticed that i couldn't hear out of my right ear. I thought it was just plugged up with water or whatnot but after going through the whole day without being able to hear out of it, i'm getting a little worried...i'm not sure whether it's just earwax or this is a real problem. My right ear is a little sore, could it be from an ear infection? my left ear is hearing just fine. Any suggestions?? Sorry for the odd question.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have complete hearing loss or just tinnutis?

First and foremost, don't start digging around in your ear with anything of the Q-tip variety. Try washing out the ear with a cap full of H2O2. Complete the process by tilting your head to let the fluid drain out of the ext. auditory canal. If that doesn't do the trick, and the hearing loss persists until the morning, follow up with your primary care physician. Good luck.

after going through the whole day without being able to hear out of it, i'm getting a little worried...i'm not sure whether it's just earwax or this is a real problem

Sorry to let you down, but not being able to hear out of your ear is always a real problem.

I'd suggest you see your physician.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a link about Swimmer's ear. Hope this helps!

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00473.html

Originally posted by surfdevl02
Hello future M.D.s-

I have a quick question..earlier today i went swimming in the pool and after getting out i noticed that i couldn't hear out of my right ear. I thought it was just plugged up with water or whatnot but after going through the whole day without being able to hear out of it, i'm getting a little worried...i'm not sure whether it's just earwax or this is a real problem. My right ear is a little sore, could it be from an ear infection? my left ear is hearing just fine. Any suggestions?? Sorry for the odd question.

Thanks Turtle!

I think that's what i have! I remembered q-tipping my ear pretty hard earlier in the morning...