Cant indent AMCAS essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there some reason why I can't indent my paragraphs? All I can do is put a space between each paragraph.

Members don't see this ad.

HarveyCushing said:
Is there some reason why I can't indent my paragraphs? All I can do is put a space between each paragraph.

Yeah, it just doesn't let you do it. Don't worry bout it.

You don't need to. AMCAS double-spaces between paragraphs (which is why hitting return charges two characters), so indenting isnt necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
SanDiegoSOD said:
You don't need to. AMCAS double-spaces between paragraphs (which is why hitting return charges two characters), so indenting isnt necessary.

Do I have to do the double spacing? I hit return after each paragraph but when I view my essay there is no double space between the paragraphs.

No, just hit return once to end a paragraph. Look closely on your AMCAS printout, the double spacing is there.

Hey, how o you TAB prior to paragraph?
Do I have to press ENTER between each paragraph?
How do you make it double-spaced?
What is RETURN (=backspace)?

AK

Do I have to do the double spacing? I hit return after each paragraph but when I view my essay there is no double space between the paragraphs.

1. do not indent
2. at the end of each paragraph. press enter to separate paragraphs by a line
3. do not make it double spaced, if the adcom really wants to, he/she can copy paste and double space homie
4. RETURN = ENTER

extra credit
if you are running out of characters, go to the end of each paragraph and hit "delete" to get rid of an extra space or two (quite common)

Thanks. Every minor detail in this application seems frustrating..lol
Thank god for this SDN forums!!!

1. do not indent
2. at the end of each paragraph. press enter to separate paragraphs by a line
3. do not make it double spaced, if the adcom really wants to, he/she can copy paste and double space homie
4. RETURN = ENTER

extra credit
if you are running out of characters, go to the end of each paragraph and hit "delete" to get rid of an extra space or two (quite common)