Can't Study! March Madness!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g8orlife

chomp
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aaahhhh!!!! I tried reviewing some PS passages this afternoon, but watching the Gators go down in double-OT did NOT HELP!!! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Aaahhhh!!!! I tried reviewing some PS passages this afternoon, but watching the Gators go down in double-OT did NOT HELP!!! :rolleyes:

hahah i love that there's a thread about this. oh my goodness march madness is like christmas in march. although, notre dame's upset and VANDI losing irked me.. hopefully the rest of my bracket will survive.

good thing im more about the nba playoffs than march madness! if i was into march madness as i am about the nba, id be screwed for this exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well on the positive side, at least you can focus on studying a few days earlier than originally hoped and planned.

Haha, true! I guess I'm in the same boat as Redoxify and Baby Oncologist, now. ... We'll just be floating along the Great Sea of the Eliminated with MCAT books in-hand .... whilst waiting to add more of you guys into our boat as more teams get kicked off of the tourney island :)

Haha, true! I guess I'm in the same boat as Redoxify and Baby Oncologist, now. ... We'll just be floating along the Great Sea of the Eliminated with MCAT books in-hand .... whilst waiting to add more of you guys into our boat as more teams get kicked off of the tourney island :)

At least your team got an invitation. We didn't even get on the NIT guest list.

The selection committee is stupid... Illinois should have gotten a bid =[

I agree, not necessarily about Illinois but that the selection committee is pretty inconsistent with seeding. They must be terribly embarassed after Cornell proved they are much better than a 12 seed by dominating temple (a team that many argued should be a 3 or 4 seed). Villanova a 2 seed? Apparently you can lose 5 out of your last 7 games and still be 2...a terrible end of season is probably more indicative of perfomance than a great early season, and villanova proved that today.

now that Kansas is out and nova lost, my bracket is effed. I'm kind of glad though, one less distraction.

this is the year of upsets people. We are the underdogs and the MCAT is the number one seed. Let's go into prometric full speed and attack this MCAT with focus, accuracy, and stamina.

Members don't see this ad :)
now that Kansas is out and nova lost, my bracket is effed. I'm kind of glad though, one less distraction.

this is the year of upsets people. We are the underdogs and the MCAT is the number one seed. Let's go into prometric full speed and attack this MCAT with focus, accuracy, and stamina.

:thumbup: To all those taking the test in march, let the ncaa tournament be your inspiration for going in as an underdog and performing when it matters...

I faced a similar prolem by taking the test in January. I had to study through bowl season. Which to me is even better than March Madness. I feel pity for you guys....

okayyyy ready2rumble, let's not be hasty.. you know very well that carolina is a stupendous when it comes to basketball. one off year is nothing. do you go to dook?

Two titles in five seasons beats two titles in 10 seasons, sure. I won't dispute that. But how many times did Duke miss the NCAAs during our down stretch? :p

Still, our programs are the two of the best of the modern era in college basketball, and I'm sure neither of us would trade our programs for any other in the country. Case in point: Three years ago, Florida was on top of the basketball world. Billy Donovan had to wade through the offers he received from different programs (and we all know about his public flirtations with the Orlando Magic job). Now? They can't even buy an NCAA Tournament win, and two of the state's better prospects (one in 2010, one in 2011) appear willing to leave Florida for college basketball's "blue blood" programs. UNC will be back in the mix soon, obviously, but it's fun to rub it in a little while I still can. ;)

To answer your question: I used to. :D

Two titles in five seasons beats two titles in 10 seasons, sure. I won't dispute that. But how many times did Duke miss the NCAAs during our down stretch? :p

Still, our programs are the two of the best of the modern era in college basketball, and I'm sure neither of us would trade our programs for any other in the country. Case in point: Three years ago, Florida was on top of the basketball world. Billy Donovan had to wade through the offers he received from different programs (and we all know about his public flirtations with the Orlando Magic job). Now? They can't even buy an NCAA Tournament win, and two of the state's better prospects (one in 2010, one in 2011) appear willing to leave Florida for college basketball's "blue blood" programs. UNC will be back in the mix soon, obviously, but it's fun to rub it in a little while I still can. ;)

To answer your question: I used to. :D

dookies with the ncaa..and you will beast your mcat (unless you've already taken it and/or are in med school?) -- this is a good year for you!