Cap on the amount of classes you can retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GypsyHummus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am probably gonna have to retake some science classes to get my science GPA up and I was wondering, did DO schools ever ask about the number of retakes that you had?

Is there a cap on the amount of times that you can retake and still be viewed as OK in the ADCOMs eyes?

How many times did you guys retake a class?

Have you retaken a class multiple times to finally get an A or a B?

For me, organic is killing me, and that is the only class I just can't seem to get past. I will probably have to retake the lab portion, was anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I am probably gonna have to retake some science classes to get my science GPA up and I was wondering, did DO schools ever ask about the number of retakes that you had? Not me.

Is there a cap on the amount of times that you can retake and still be viewed as OK in the ADCOMs eyes? NO

How many times did you guys retake a class? 4

Have you retaken a class multiple times to finally get an A or a B? yes

For me, organic is killing me, and that is the only class I just can't seem to get past. I will probably have to retake the lab portion, was anyone else in the same boat? Yes, I took Organic I 4 times, and Organic II 3 times. The lab 1 times.

Hey everyone,

I am probably gonna have to retake some science classes to get my science GPA up and I was wondering, did DO schools ever ask about the number of retakes that you had?

Is there a cap on the amount of times that you can retake and still be viewed as OK in the ADCOMs eyes?

How many times did you guys retake a class?

Have you retaken a class multiple times to finally get an A or a B?

For me, organic is killing me, and that is the only class I just can't seem to get past. I will probably have to retake the lab portion, was anyone else in the same boat?

People make mistakes and osteopathic schools are very forgiving by allowing retakes. I don't think the number of courses you retake is going to look bad. One of my friends is retaking about half of his B.S. degree classes because at the time he wasn't interested in going to medical school and was getting by on mostly C's with B's and D's mixed in. Retaking a bunch of courses shows your dedication to become a physician. It does not look good if you must take a class (like organic chemistry) multiple times to get a B. Retaking any class (especially a pre-requisite class) more than once does not look good.