Car Thread #2: Used sports car under $35K

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck finding one that isn't trashed to ****. I have been searching for "the one" for about 6 months at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck finding one that isn't trashed to ****. I have been searching for "the one" for about 6 months at this point.
Fair point. Undoubtedly getting harder. Took me a few months to find mine, and that was two years ago. And I had to put down a deposit based on pictures to hold it on the lot, and fly about 800 miles to get it.

But I got a mint competition model 2006 with about 50K miles. Minus the horrible aftermarket exhaust I got rid of ASAP, and a hardwired radar detector that doesn't work, it has been awesome.

Good lord, I was thinking that by now that nice Nissan GT-R specimens 5-8 yrs old would be appropriate for this thread but they're still going for $55k+. Crazy resale value.

Fair point. Undoubtedly getting harder. Took me a few months to find mine, and that was two years ago. And I had to put down a deposit based on pictures to hold it on the lot, and fly about 800 miles to get it.

But I got a mint competition model 2006 with about 50K miles. Minus the horrible aftermarket exhaust I got rid of ASAP, and a hardwired radar detector that doesn't work, it has been awesome.
Honestly, all good German cars have rebounded after 2008 like crazy. Sold my s54 m coupe for more than double what I bought it for and did the same for an e30 m3 I bought as a project. Father sold his air cooled 911 for 3x what he bought it for. This all sounds great until you realize you can't hardly find good cars with records from this era anymore. The cheap ones are ragged out far beyond repair and the good ones are small in number and going for a fortune on BaT.

Your ZCP sounds like all great find. I hope you enjoy for years to come! I hope to find one this summer to fly to and drive home. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user