Car transport company?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serimeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my friends had an issue that came up with his mothers health so he can't drive. I was wondering if anyone has any insight into a reputable moving company that can move from the San Diego/LA area to Dallas? Preferably not too expensive but reliable.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've had my car shipped cross-country (Midwest to Deep South and back) twice and both times, I had great experiences. Had the car shipped from my family's house to med school, and then back to my residency location when I was done with med school. Can't remember the company thought, sorry. I will say it's great. I had no intention of spending two whole days driving. Driving is stressful and boring, not to mention, very dangerous. It only cost around $600-800 if I remember correctly. Pretty comparable to the cost of gas + toll on your car + toll on your personal time (time=money) and health. Easy pickup, reliable, arrived on time in great condition

Have him contact the dealership where he bought the car and ask a sales manager to recommend someone who can ship it for him. Most of them have a network of independent contractors that they work with.

Two years ago I shipped one across several states, and approximately 1500 miles, which cost me less than $550.

Just moved a car with onward transport. It was pricey (moved from west coast to New England) but the broker got me a driver fast and apart from the price it was pretty painless.

I can send you a number if you want.

Thanks guys. He managed to have someone drive it for him.