Cardiac Anesthesiologist Needed in Minneapolis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lurch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Minneapolis Anesthesia Partners is seeking a fellowship-trained cardiac anesthesiologist to join our cardiac team at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (ANW) in Minneapolis, MN.

We are a newly-formed democratic, egalitarian private practice group replacing a national anesthesia management company at ANW. This is a true partnership position, with full profit-sharing and voting rights after three years. This a unique opportunity for those with leadership qualities who hope to shape their future practice.

Abbott Northwestern is the 700-bed, flagship, quaternary care center of the Minneapolis-based Allina Health system. It is consistently ranked the #1 hospital in the Twin Cities by US News and World Report and a Top 100 overall hospital in the nation.

The heart hospital includes 4 CV ORs, hybrid rooms, 4 cath lab rooms, and 4 EP rooms. CV cases include approximately 1,000 operative cardiac cases per year, including CABG, valves, complex aortic surgery, heart transplants, LVADs, and ECMO. TAVRs and Mitraclips in addition to catheterization and EP studies. Major vascular surgery is also performed in the CV OR suite. Excellent case variety is available in the hospital’s 38 main-suite ORs, including general surgery, colorectal, urology, gynecology, ENT, orthopedics, neurosurgery, thoracic, spine, and obstetrics (including high-risk).

Despite its chilly winters, Minnesota’s Twin Cities metro area is one of the best areas in the country. Minnesota has been called America’s least stressed state, the best state for women, best state to raise a family, and a Top 5 state for doctors. Additionally, Minneapolis was named America’s most underrated city, as well as the 2nd healthiest city, and 6th best place to live (by USNWR).

Please contact [email protected] if interested in discussing further.

Members don't see this ad.

Minneapolis Anesthesia Partners is seeking a fellowship-trained cardiac anesthesiologist to join our cardiac team at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (ANW) in Minneapolis, MN.

We are a newly-formed democratic, egalitarian private practice group replacing a national anesthesia management company at ANW. This is a true partnership position, with full profit-sharing and voting rights after three years. This a unique opportunity for those with leadership qualities who hope to shape their future practice.

Abbott Northwestern is the 700-bed, flagship, quaternary care center of the Minneapolis-based Allina Health system. It is consistently ranked the #1 hospital in the Twin Cities by US News and World Report and a Top 100 overall hospital in the nation.

The heart hospital includes 4 CV ORs, hybrid rooms, 4 cath lab rooms, and 4 EP rooms. CV cases include approximately 1,000 operative cardiac cases per year, including CABG, valves, complex aortic surgery, heart transplants, LVADs, and ECMO. TAVRs and Mitraclips in addition to catheterization and EP studies. Major vascular surgery is also performed in the CV OR suite. Excellent case variety is available in the hospital’s 38 main-suite ORs, including general surgery, colorectal, urology, gynecology, ENT, orthopedics, neurosurgery, thoracic, spine, and obstetrics (including high-risk).

Despite its chilly winters, Minnesota’s Twin Cities metro area is one of the best areas in the country. Minnesota has been called America’s least stressed state, the best state for women, best state to raise a family, and a Top 5 state for doctors. Additionally, Minneapolis was named America’s most underrated city, as well as the 2nd healthiest city, and 6th best place to live (by USNWR).

Please contact [email protected] if interested in discussing further.
Why 3 years? For years here, the majority of the PP docs here have said over and over that there is no good reason for a partner track to be more than 2 years (and realistically 1 year should be enough to know if someone fits in and is a team player). I am just wondering why you choose 3 years when starting a new group?

Reactions: 1 user
8 out of 12 locations are Cath Lab/EP. Yuck. Sadly a trend for the future of solo cardiac anesthesia, and specifically why I do multi specialty practice.

3 year partnership, particularly for a newly-formed group that publicly and somewhat nastily wrestled away a contract is a tough sell and honestly a significant gamble for a new grad. Don’t like it.

I hate being “that guy” who picks apart job postings. I often rail against those that do as much (and why I don’t post our own openings here). But there are significant red flags here.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn’t seem bad to me if money and vaca are good.

Yes. It’s a busy EP practice. This has pluses and minuses. Agree more and more cardiac anesthesia is moving out of OR. This is the way of things. This is not a solo cardiac anesthesia practice (see above posting). We’ve been at this now since February. It is going well. The job/situation is not for everyone.

Publicly and nastily wrestling away a contract from an anesthesia management company??? This is a gem.

8 out of 12 locations are Cath Lab/EP. Yuck. Sadly a trend for the future of solo cardiac anesthesia, and specifically why I do multi specialty practice.

3 year partnership, particularly for a newly-formed group that publicly and somewhat nastily wrestled away a contract is a tough sell and honestly a significant gamble for a new grad. Don’t like it.

I hate being “that guy” who picks apart job postings. I often rail against those that do as much (and why I don’t post our own openings here). But there are significant red flags here.

I think that having a regular cardiac room and then having a quiet EP room (ie 4 hour AF ablations) as your second room is a great way to provide cardiac care because you can essentially spend all your time in the heart room. And cardiologists like to sleep in so you can induce your EP room after your cardiac room is all lined up and ready to go